WorkPlan shared some top tips for harnessing collaborative learning to take your business to the next level.
Collaborative learning is nothing new. We all know that people spend time looking for, reading, and watching content to help them do their work. In most cases, this informal learning is in reaction to an immediate need and the source of the information is an online search.
Imagine if all the informal learning achieved in this way was captured and available to everybody in your business. If one person needs to fill a gap in skill or knowledge to perform their work, it is likely others in your business share the need.
Is the knowledge already held by people in your business available to others? Does your business have a collective knowledge base that is aligned with the work your business performs? Collective, accessible knowledge and information that is created, curated and shared is one of the powerful contributors to engagement and culture in a business. Collaborative learning is also an effective means of providing recognition to people that contribute to the collective knowledge.
How Collaborative Learning is used to improve businesses
Our clients are using training and information created by people in their businesses to deliver effective onboarding to people joining the business. This has standardised the onboarding experience for every person. Using collaborative learning also assists people to identify subject matter experts in the business and get a feel for the work other people perform in the business.
Here are some ideas to consider.
- Ideally every person in your business has some knowledge of your strategy and how their work contributes to achieving it. If not, this is where I would suggest you start. I would suggest taking it a step or two further by breaking your strategy into supporting goals and team objectives. If your business is small and does not have teams, consider assigning objectives to functional areas of responsibility in the business and this could be one I recommend the strategy, goals and objectives are documented and communicated regularly.
- Use the strategy framework to open a clear line of sight between the work they perform every day in the business to what needs to be completed to achieve the strategy.
- This process will help guide the types and content of learning, information and ideas developed by everyone to be directly relevant to both the strategy and the work performed every day. This is a great place to start and it will get collaborative learning embedded in your organisation.
- Once you have collaborative learning embedded in your business and aligned with strategy, you can take it much further. For example, you may choose to use collaborative learning in your marketing, sales, customer retention, product development and any other aspect of your business.
- Implementing a cogent collaborative strategy in your business will have a positive impact on the development of intellectual property that will add significant value to your business.
Is your business exploring ways to improve the culture? Boost engagement? Retain your best people? These factors and more will be developed and sustained with a planned collaborative learning strategy and implementation. If you are interested in learning more about collaborative learning and ideas about how to implement collaborative learning in your business, book in for a 30-minute obligation free chat today!
Sign Up to Access Our Ebook: How to Create a Compelling Business Case for Your LMS
Personal Growth Mapping can be an essential strategy to elevate your team leadership capabilities. Personal Growth Mapping is a continuous journey of self-improvement. By committing to growth mapping your team leadership skills, you not only enhance your own capabilities but also inspire and uplift your entire team. To help you get started, WorkPlan offers a set of 11 growth mapping surveys covering all aspects of team leadership absolutely free.
These six strategies are a great start to being an effective Sales Team Manager. You can get started by creating an action plan to put these strategies into action.
WorkPlan has an extensive catalogue of online Sales Training modules to help you develop as a sales professional. Our Sales Leadership and Management Program is comprehensive and includes 12 learning modules.
How prepared is your team to turn learning into action in 2024?
Discover how WorkPlan Learning can be your secret weapon in harnessing the power of rapid learning and action in your organisation.
Are you ready to take your business to another level?
Contact us today
1300 726 708
+61 7 3220 2229
+61 3 9752 5651
In the spirit of reconciliation WorkPlan acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.